The National Acteens® Panel is an elite group of young women who are interested in missions and impacting their world for Christ. Each year six young women are selected as National Acteens Panelists. The young women selected as national panelists have exhibited a strong commitment to Christ and to missions through their involvement in Acteens, leadership responsibilities in their church and community, and dedication to their academic studies. The national panelists represent the finest young women from across the country.
What do Acteens panelists do?
• Write articles for The Mag and wmu.com/students.
• Speak in churches in their home states.
• Work as a focus group to help determine the future direction of Acteens.
• Give their opinions about ways to improve Acteens.
• Serve during a national WMU event.
Each panelist will receive a $1,000 scholarship for the college of her choice. Scholarships are provided through the WMU Foundation.
So, what’s in it for me?
• The opportunity to be a national representative of Acteens for a year.
• The chance to interact with missionaries and other national leaders involved in missions.
• The chance to see your name in print through the articles you write for the magazine and website.
• An opportunity to serve God in a unique way.
• The opportunity to have your voice heard as you share about your hopes for the future of Acteens.
• The honor to be among an elite group of young women who are interested in missions and impacting their world for Christ.
Who can be a National Acteens Panelist?
A junior or senior in high school who:
• regularly participates in Acteens activities
• participates regularly in missions projects, activities, experiences, etc.
• is involved in other ministries of the church besides Acteens
• is an overall good student
• is involved in school and community activities
What if I’m not selected as a national panelist?
You can be a National Acteens Top Teen! Each year a group of outstanding young women who aren’t selected as panelists are honored as National Top Teens.
Can I apply again?
You can be a panelist only once. If you are chosen as a Top Teen or not chosen at all, you can apply again the next year.
How do I apply to serve as a national panelist?
Download the application and reference form (available for download in the fall) or find them in the Fall issue of Acteens Leader. Applications and reference forms are due no later than December 1 of each year.
Are there opportunities for me to serve this way in my state?
Yes. Many states have a state panelist program. The applications and responsibilities are different in each state that has a panelist program, but responsibilities might include helping to plan state Acteens events and possibly working at GA or Acteens camp. Contact your state WMU youth consultant or check out your state WMU website for more information.
So, what’s the bottom line?
If you love Acteens and missions, why not apply for the National Acteens Panel? You never know how God might use you in this special way to serve Him.