Farmington, New Mexico
Josh and Val Valdez
Farmington, New Mexico, sits in the northwest corner of the state in what is known as the Four Corners area bordering Arizona, Colorado, and Utah.
Josh Valdez serves as a bivocational church planter in Farmington, his hometown. Josh was asked to start a church plant by another church in the area. He and his wife, Val, connected with the North American Mission Board and the Send Network of church planters.
Today, Josh is lead pastor at Higher Ground Church. He preaches each week, teaches a theology class, leads a weekly small group, oversees the youth group, and helps the worship team. Val serves on the worship team and helps with the kids’ class and youth group.
Higher Ground Church has three goals: to glorify God, edify His people, and testify to His gospel. They do this by entirely relying on God and His work of providence. They are a church that is convinced that the people of Farmington will be changed through the gospel.
Share with your entire congregation how God is using Southern Baptists to grow His kingdom!
Check out our coordinated missions discipleship curriculum for all age levels at wmustore.com!
5 Fun Facts about the Missionaries
- Josh Valdez enjoys watching the Dallas Cowboys.
- Mr. Valdez grew up in Farmington, New Mexico.
- Mr. Valdez works at a high school and some of the students have attended Higher Ground Church.
- Mr. Valdez loves eating chile rellenos!
- The thing that most excites Mr. Valdez is seeing lives changed when people choose to love Jesus.
- Pray for people in Farmington to hear about Jesus, choose to love Him, read the Bible, and learn how to live like Jesus.
- Pray for the continued financial support for the Valdezes’ work.
- Pray for the leadership team to grow at Higher Ground Church.
- Pray for the outreach to the people at Mesa Mobile Home Park.
- Pray that church members will grow in holiness and that they will want to serve the Lord.
Play and Learn: Learning about Self
Click here for more Free Downloads.
Additional information and activities are in MAM 2023 Mission Friends Leader, pages 6–25, and the March leaflet of “Mission Friends at Home.” Missions Leader: WMU Planning Guide 2022–23 has planning helps.