It’s safe to say we are living life differently these days. As a result of COVID-19, we have each made adjustments to the way we live everyday life. However there is good news in the midst of it all—we still serve a God who loves us, and we can still share His love with others. Here are a few ways you can show God’s love during this time.
- Pray for those who are working the front lines in the midst of this crisis. Pray for God’s Word to reach many homes through the online streaming of church services. Pray for those directly affected by this pandemic to experience healing and comfort. Pray for the many who have lost work and income to see God’s provision.
- Connect with local doctors, nurses, and first responders. Offer to send a delivered meal for their staff as an encouragement and to say thank you for all they are doing to serve your community.
- Do you know someone who is elderly or who has a compromised immune system? Offer to pick up groceries for them while you are shopping for your family. You can leave the groceries at their front door so there is limited contact.
- Provide gift cards for your local coffee shop to those working long hours during this time.
- Write notes of encouragement to those living in nursing home or long-term care facilities. You can mail or email the notes to administration for delivery to residents.
- Set a goal to check in on 2–3 different people each week. Words of encouragement go a long way.
Written by Lena Plunk, national WMU