Special workers Aaron and Sophia Robertson* live in Mexico City with their boys Matt, Mark, Luke, Jon, and Axe. The Robertsons tell families they meet about Jesus. Pray for the Robertson family as they live and serve in Mexico City.
Make a Handprint Ornament
Supplies: picture Bible, baby photo of your child, play dough, play dough tools, drinking straw, yarn, permanent marker
- Use the picture Bible to read the story of Jesus’ birth.
- Look at the baby picture with your child. Share how much he or she has grown over the years.
- Play together with play dough. Roll a circle large enough for your child’s hand. Help press his or her hand down into the dough to make a print. Use the straw to make a hole at the top. Let the handprint dry. This will take several days.
- Thread a piece of yarn through the hole to make a hanger. Use the permanent marker to print your child’s name and the date on the back of the ornament.
- Let your child hang the ornament on your tree or a hook on the wall. Help your child pray and give thanks to God for the gift of Jesus.
Open the Bible and read: Jesus was born in Bethlehem (see Matt. 2:1).