Project HELP: Refugees
Through Project HELP: Refugees, we have learned about the issue of refugees, who they are, the places they are from, the reasons they are displaced, and the adjustments they have to make as they begin their lives anew. Take the information you have learned about refugees to lead you in praying for a specific group or a certain need of refugees. Following are ideas of ways to focus your prayers.
- Pray for refugees who are from a particular part of the world. For example, several years ago I spent a week at the Child Malnutrition Center in Guatemala and saw how devastating malnutrition affects infants and preschoolers. In the last few months as I have learned of the refugees coming out of Guatemala, this has led me to pray for the needs of families from this area.
- Pray for the needs of those in refugee camps as they wait to resettle.
- Lift up a particular need of refugees as they resettle, such as language learning, finding employment, or children as they attend school.
- Pray for the health needs of refugees: physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Pray for refugees in a specific resettlement city in the U.S.
- Remember in prayer missions personnel and other workers who serve with refugees in places overseas and within North America.
- Pray for churches to reach out to refugees in order to show them the love of Christ.
- God hears our prayers as we focus on the needs of refugees. Intercede for others as you direct your prayers towards an area of need.
God hears our prayers as we focus on the needs of refugees. Intercede for others as you direct your prayers towards an area of need.
by Joye Smith