Youth on Mission Starter Pack
Why Missions Discipleship Is Important for Students
“Missions discipleship is the driving force to not only teach students about missions, but to show them how to answer God’s call on their life.” —Brian Spearman, senior pastor, First Baptist Church of Marietta, South Carolina
No longer a child but not yet an adult, teenagers are living through a unique and formative time of life. That’s why it is so important to be sure students have a firm foundation before they head off to make their way in the world.
Missions discipleship for teens instills a strong biblical framework, awakening a passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ and providing opportunities for students to live out their faith in a tangible way
Missions discipleship guides students passionately devoted to Christ into avenues of service
What is Youth on Mission?
Youth on Mission is a missions discipleship
group for students in grades 7–12.
Students who are active in Youth on
Mission not only learn more about biblical
truths, they also learn how to apply them
in their daily lives. They have opportunities
individually and in groups to put into
practice what they are learning. This
includes the opportunity to share their
faith in Christ in a variety of ways and in
a variety of settings.
Through Youth on Mission, students:
• learn to discover God in their everyday experiences,
• go beyond the ordinary in their relationships with God,
• experience God for who He is,
• witness God’s faithfulness,
• develop a Christian worldview, and
• participate in God’s awesome work in His world.
How to Start Youth on Mission
2. Meet with your pastor and student minister to pray together about starting Youth on Mission in your church.
3. Determine how many Youth on Mission groups and leaders you will need based on the size of your church.
4. Order Missions Journey: Students for your group.
5. Meet with your leaders to organize and make plans.
6. Begin promoting 6–8 weeks before you plan to get started.
We're here to help!
State WMU: Find links to state WMU websites at wmu.com/statecontacts.
Contact your local Baptist association, your state WMU office, or national WMU for training opportunities.
Resources for Students
Missions discipleship resources for students lead them to become disciples of Jesus who live on mission. It’s one thing to know about faith; we encourage and equip students to live their faith too!
Missions Journey: Students
This versatile resource is customizable based on the needs of your group. Boys will meet missionaries serving all around the world, be encouraged to grow in discipleship, and become active agents of gospel change in their own communities. Order one per group.
One-Month Package Missionary
videos and 4 digital lessons (material for one month): $19.99 Price subject to change
One-Year Package Twelve
monthly units, each containing missionary videos and 4 digital lessons (material for one year): $199.99 Price subject to change.
For a full listing of all resources available to enhance your teenage boys’ missions experience, visit wmustore.com/students.