Challengers STARTER PACK
Why Missions Discipleship Is Important for Teenage Boys
“Missions discipleship provides an opportunity for men to mentor young men whow to serve as ambassadors for Christ.” —Keith Mack, retired RA and Challengers consultant, Texas Baptist Men
As teenage boys transition into manhood, it is of the utmost importance that their faith grows with them. Missions discipleship ensures that a new generation of men are Biblically rooted, world aware, inspired to serve, and actively engaged.
Through Challengers, teenage boys will:
• discover God in their everyday experiences,
• go beyond the ordinary in their relationships
• experience God for who He is,
• become witnesses to God’s faithfulness,
• gain a greater understanding of missions and
how God is at work in the world, and
• participate in God’s awesome work in the world.
What is Challengers?
Challengers is a missions discipleship group for boys in grades 7–12.
Through the study of Scripture, Challengers build a strong foundation. Through mission study, Challengers have their eyes opened to the work God is doing in the world. And through the call to action, Challengers dare to put their faith to the test in the real world.
Challengers prepares teenage boys to face the world with confidence knowing who they are in Jesus Christ and a heart on fire for the gospel. As these teens move from a focus on self to a focus on others, they develop a biblical worldview and a foundation of missions is set for a lifetime.
How to Start Challengers
2. Meet with your pastor and student minister to pray together about starting Challengers in your church.
3. Determine how many Challengers groups and leaders you will need based on the size of your church.
4. Order Missions Journey: Students for your group.
5. Meet with your leaders to organize and make plans.
6. Begin promoting 6–8 weeks before you plan to get started.
We're here to help!
State WMU: Find links to state WMU websites at wmu.com/statecontacts.
Contact your local Baptist association, your state WMU office, or national WMU for training opportunities.
Resources for Teenage Boys
Challengers provides the resources and opportunity to mentor teenage boys, teach them about the gospel, and encourage them to live it out in their daily lives. Challengers creates disciples of Jesus who live on mission.
Missions Journey: Students
This versatile resource is customizable based on the needs of your group. Boys will meet missionaries serving all around the world, be encouraged to grow in discipleship, and become active agents of gospel change in their own communities. Order one per group.
One-Month Package Missionary
videos and 4 digital lessons (material for one month): $19.99 Price subject to change
One-Year Package Twelve
monthly units, each containing missionary videos and 4 digital lessons (material for one year): $199.99 Price subject to change.
For a full listing of all resources available to enhance your teenage boys’ missions experience, visit wmustore.com/students.