The journey to make disciples of Jesus who live on mission begins as you lead your preschoolers to grow in missions. Preschoolers come to understand that God loves me, God loves all people, and some people do not know about God’s love.
You can teach your preschoolers about missions by helping them
- learn about missions work in North America and around the world,
- pray for missionaries and people who need to hear of God’s love,
- give to missions through cooperative giving and special missions offerings, and
- do missions by helping others in your church, your community, and around the world.
Mission Friends is the WMU missions discipleship group for preschoolers from birth through kindergarten. In Mission Friends, preschoolers develop a missions heart as they move from a focus on themselves to a focus on others. Preschoolers grow toward God as they become aware that God wants everyone to know of His love.
CONNECT WITH MISSION FRIENDS:
Preschool is an exciting time in a child’s life, where they develop an understanding of who God is and how they play a part in His plan for the world. That’s why we created Mission Friends — to provide preschoolers the building blocks of faith and teach them of God’s love for all people.
Through engaging activities, games and stories each week, Mission Friends will move from a focus on self to a focus on others. This builds a lasting foundation that helps them grow into the next generation of Christ followers who will fulfill His Great Commission.
Preschoolers can learn about missions through
- Bible thoughts related to missions,
- fun hands-on activities,
- mission stories,
- cultural learning activities,
- sensory activities,
- giving offerings, and
- helping others.