If you have questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
At WMU you’ll find:
• Age-level materials are educationally and developmentally sound.
• All activities, games, and recipes have been tested.
• Content supports six different areas of missions focus, providing a comprehensive and balanced approach to missions in the church.
• All materials incorporate North American and international Southern Baptist Convention missionary stories and prayer lists.
WMU Director Responsibilities
Looking for a list of your responsibilities as WMU director? How about those of others who serve on the WMU leadership team too?
Below is a general description of your role. Additional information can be found in How to Involve Your Church in Missions. This How-to will guide you as you lead your church.
• Know the areas of missions focus and how to interpret them.
• Strengthen missions and WMU in your church.
• Coordinate the work of age-level organizations.
• Represent WMU to the church, the association, and state WMU.
You will find an additional description of the WMU director’s responsibilities along with those for all WMU leadership team members in How to Involve Your Church in Missions. Age-level leaders will need the How-to that is appropriate for their work.
• How to Involve Preschoolers in Missions
• How to Involve Children in Missions
• How to Involve Students in Missions
• How to Involve Adults in Missions
The above resources can be ordered online at www.wmustore.com or by calling WMU Customer Service at 1-800-968-7301.
• WorldCrafts releases fall 2011 catalog
• New WMU website: New Hope Digital
• RA (Royal Ambassadors) Returns to WMU
• Royal Ambassadors: Racing Start: WMU Receives RA Transfer
• WMU will begin providing RA curriculum starting with the September 2012 issue.
• See rotating articles on WMU's home web page for more news
Lets get ready for the 2011–2012 year:
• New product releases listed to keep you informed
• Emphasis continues for a second year: unhindered! (learn more)
• Critical issue continues for a second year: Human Exploitation
• Use content in Missions Leader® magazine for leading WMU in your church
• The new 2011–2012 WMU Year Book is a great resource for yearly and regular planning
• If you don't have a subscription to the Leadership Team Resource Kit, now would be a good time to start one. When you receive the summer kit you'll find the new emphasis and watchword posters included. Click here for more about the kit.
Reporting Missions Involvement:
Each year you will want to provide your church with infomation they will use for the Annual Church Profile (ACP). Use this form (pdf) to account for accomplishments of missions experiences as well as statistical information.
New to being a WMU Church Director?
• Check out New to WMU Leadership and sign up to Get Started.
• Learn about our holistic approach to missions using six areas of focus.
• Understand the WMU group of organizations, approaches, and ministries.
• Learn more about missions education in the church.
• Read from our selection of leadership books.
• Learn about self-training and training opportunities.
• Continue to improve your leadership skills with Leadership Development
• Make it official with one of these installation services:
Serve with a Heart of Love
Lead and Live the Call
Connect and Share
Forums are a place on the Internet for members to engage in direct conversation with each other. You can pose questions, suggest topics for discussion, or share testimonies.
WMU® forums are there to help all WMU members have a place where they can meet to share and work together. If you see a question that someone has posted and you have an answer, jump in and start sharing. If you have a question, post it, and then other members can share their knowledge and experience with you. Forums are a great way to get connected and create a community for members to benefit from one another.
Once you visit the forums you’ll see a section specifically for missions leaders, this is the place for you, but feel free to check out the other sections as well.ShareThis