Let’s get ready for the new year! We’re excited to serve you better than ever on our new Missions Leader Web site. If you have questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
At WMU you’ll find:
• Age-level materials are educationally and developmentally sound.
• All activities, games, and recipes have been tested.
• Content supports six different areas of missions focus, providing a comprehensive and balanced approach to missions in the church.
• All materials incorporate North American and international Southern Baptist Convention missionary stories and prayer lists.
Lets get ready for the 2011–2012 year:
• Emphasis continues for a second year: unhindered! (learn more)
• Critical issue continues for a second year: Human Exploitation
• Use content in Missions Leader® magazine for leading WMU in your association
• The new 2011–2012 WMU Year Book is a great resource for training leaders
• New product releases listed to keep you informed
• If you don't have a subscription to the Leadership Team Resource Kit, now would be a good time to start one. When you receive the summer kit you'll find the new emphasis and watchword posters included.
New to Being a WMU Associational Director?
• Associational Leader Training CD
• Learn more about WMU’s role in the association.
• Review the New to WMU Leadership information.
• Understand the WMU group of organizations, approaches, and ministries.
• Learn more about missions education in the church.
• Make it official with an associational officers installation service
• Read from our selection of leadership books.
• Continue to improve your leadership skills with Leadership Development
Products developed exclusively for associations:
• How to Involve Churches in Associational Missions
• Missions Leader (Associational Edition) (annual subscription; 4 quarterly issues)
• WMU Leadership Team Resource Kit (Associational Edition) (annual subscription; 4 quarterly issues)
• Associational Leader Tool: 2010-2012 (age-level conferences, emphasis resources, ProjectHELP: Human Exploitation materials, dramas, graphics, promotional pieces, retreat plans, etc.) Once purchased: click here to access the updates for 2011-2012 and enter the password included with the CD.
Connect and Share
Forums are a place on the Internet for members to engage in direct conversation with each other. You can pose questions, suggest topics for discussion, or share testimonies.
WMU® forums are there to help all WMU members have a place where they can meet to share and work together. If you see a question that someone has posted and you have an answer, jump in and start sharing. If you have a question, post it, and then other members can share their knowledge and experience with you. Forums are a great way to get connected and create a community for members to benefit from one another.
Once you visit the forums you’ll see a section specifically for missions leaders, this is the place for you, but feel free to check out the other sections as well.ShareThis