Nothing is more basic to society than the family unit. Children learn more from their parents than they do from anyone else. WMU believes that as families are involved in missions together, parents are able to demonstrate and instill a missions lifestyle in their children.
How do families get involved in Families on Missions? By doing missions! Do them just as a single family or with other families.
Families are finding missions involvement gives them an avenue for growing together as they seek to live the call of God.
Articles for Parents:
• Praying for Missionaries
• Becoming a Family on Mission
• Vitamin P: Back-to-School Prayers for a Healthy School Year!
• Family Parties—Touch Your Culture In Every Season
• The Family God Uses (blog)
• The Praying Child: Teach Your Children to Pray
• Families are strengthened when they serve God together.
• Family members see and begin to understand the needs of others.
• Setting an example for other family members shows God’s love and care.
• Generations serve alongside one another.
• Young and old alike develop a heart for people to know God’s love.
Young children learn from other family members, spouses learn from each other, and teenagers can influence grandparents (and vice versa) when they are involved in missions experiences together.
Enjoy meaningful service opportunities while creating lasting memories of time spent together!